FAQ for Teens

First, you need to take your pink certificate and go to the DMV to take the written permit test. Then call us to schedule your first lesson. Click the link below before visiting the dmv. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/driver-licenses-identification-cards/real-id/
NO, the DMV will inform you that your permit is not valid until you have completed your first 2-hour lesson with an instructor. The Instructor will then sign your permit, making it valid.
No, you to have your permit for at least 6 months to be eligible to schedule your DMV drive test.
If you lose your permit, you can go to the DMV and they will print another one for you. You can walk-in or schedule an appointment before you visit the DMV. www.dmv.ca.gov
Local Driving School is open 7 days a week and our instructors work from 6 am-8 pm. We have several instructors and have a very flexible schedule, including weekends.
YES, You must have a valid California permit in order to get behind the wheel training. Local Driving School can issue a student license (OL800) to students 15 years of age or older. This allows the student to drive with Local Driving School’s instructors only, before obtaining a permit. Please add a link to show a picture of the Student License (OL 800) Please review the attachments to find a picture of this form. NOTE FROM DMV: "This licensee may issue Student Licenses to qualified applicants. A student license shall limit the operation of a motor vehicle to such times as the licensee is taking driver training in connection with the driver education program and then only at the direction and under supervision of the instructor." reference (DMV.ca.gov)

FAQ for Adult

Once you have your permit you can start your behind-the-wheel training ASAP. You must be at least 18 Years or older.
NO, You must drive with someone 18 years or older with a valid Ca. Driver's license. Or drive with local driving School instructors.
As soon as you feel comfortable to take the test and drive defensively.
If you lose your permit, you can go to the DMV and they will print another one for you.