Terms and Conditions
Behind-The-Wheel and/or Driver Education Courses:
- Students must have a valid California learner permit and have it present during the drive lesson(s).
- Cancellations must be made more than 48 hours in advance of the scheduled drive lesson by the student/parent/guardian.
- Local Driving School has a $50 late cancellations and a $100 no-show policy to cover the costs associated with your missed lesson.
- Arriving without a valid California learner’s permit or driver’s license, being impaired for any reason (lack of sleep, intoxication, medication, etc.), or wearing footwear which may impair the ability to safely operate the vehicle, the lesson will be cancelled and considered a no-show, therefore a no-show fee will be applied.
- Certificate of Completion: In order to be eligible to receive a certificate you must complete the following:
- 30 hours of classroom/Online attendance
- 6 hours of in car training (total of 3 drive lessons) completed.
- Billing account current
Local Driving School has developed a refund/ cancellation policy based on understanding and fairness for both the parties. Please review the following policy before signing up for the class. We encourage you to ask questions about our cancellation policy before hand.
We have a NO REFUND POLICY. When your payment is received, we immediately reserve a place/ instructor for that class which incurs some expenses for our company.
- Since our drivers are only paid for the time they drive, if the student is a NO SHOW or a driving lesson is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time, NO REFUND will be given, the lesson will be forfeited and another lesson will need to be scheduled at a regular price (subject to office review). The notice of cancellation must be given by calling our office during the regular office hours.
- If a request for cancellation is made later than 48 hours of scheduled time of training class, a $25 non- refundable deposit will be withheld.
- There will be no refunds after the period of one year from the date of enrollment. Your Application will expire with Local Driving School after 1 year. If you do not finish your 6 hours behind the Wheel training within a year.
- Hours are not transferable among students. Transfer of the tuition fee from one member of the family to another younger member of the family is not allowed unless this is discussed with Local Driving staff at the time of enrollment or payment of the fees.
- Local driving school reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
- If the account has no activity scheduled driving for a period in excess of 6 months then a $50.00 reactivation fee will be charged prior to scheduling drive lessons, training, or classes. Every effort will be taken to insure all instruction will be offered during